How do I get to Cumberland?
Cumberland is located 70 miles north of Nanaimo, 4 miles north of Royston and 1 kilometer north of the Inland Highway.
- By car: Cumberland is 1.25 hours from Nanaimo, 2.5 hours from Victoria, 4 hours from Vancouver, and 6 hours from Seattle.
- By ferry: Vancouver Island can be reached via B.C Ferries from Vancouver through Horseshoe Bay to Nanaimo and from Tsawwassen to Nanaimo. For ferry information from the mainland to Vancouver Island, please visit BC Ferries.
- By Plane: You can fly from Vancouver via Harbour Air, Pacific Coastal & Central Mountain Air. From other cities in North America you can hop on a Westjet flight to Comox (just 30 minutes from race start). Click here for map from the airport. Car rentals are available at the airport.
Where can I stay?
- Airbnb has some wonderful options for staying locally – whole homes to bed and breakfast.
- Riding Fool Hostel — Located in Cumberland,the Riding Fool features dorm style and newly renovated private rooms starting at $25/night.
- Cumberland Lake Park Campground — If you’re up for camping in October, this is a great option right on Comox Lake.
- Cona Hostel – Courtenay